Looking for an internship that can change the future?
Intern with Family & Youth Initiative. Please send us your resume and tell us why you want to intern with DCFYI, what you hope to learn through an internship, and when you are available.
Communications and Outreach Intern
- The Communications and Outreach Intern will manage online communication platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Google, and be responsible for developing marketing materials. The intern will also be responsible for using marketing materials to recruit volunteers, mentors, and adoptive parents.
- Part-time: 12-16 hrs/week
- Use social media and online efforts to recruit new volunteers, mentors, host, and adoptive parents.
- Monitor, log, and analyze online communication data and suggest improvements
- Create themed campaigns (e.g., for National Adoption Month, Foster Care Month)
- Create graphics to use online
- Research potential outreach events and activities
- Interview mentors and volunteers for website material and quotes
- At least one year of undergraduate experience; communications, journalism, public relations, or marketing preferred
- Exceptional knowledge and skill related to use of current social media tools and writing for social media including Facebook and Twitter
- Social media, marketing, and/or community outreach experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral communication skills
DCFYI is an equal employment opportunity employer. DCFYI does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.